July 23, 2024

One of the event workers was killed in an accident outside the course grounds of Valhalla Golf Club prior to Scottie Scheffler’s arrest on Friday at the PGA Championship.

John Mills, 69, has been identified as the worker who perished in a deadly vehicle accident during this week’s PGA Championship at Valhalla Golf Club.

As a member of the security team at the second major championship of the season, Mills was struck by a shuttle bus outside the venue prior to his shift. In a statement on Friday, Louisville Mayor Craig Greenberg named the local, Mills. Mayor Greenberg said, “This morning, a tragic accident occurred in our city that took the life of John Mills, a Louisvillian who will be greatly missed by his family and our community.”

“This family who lost a loved one is the subject of our attention. I have communicated our city’s condolences to Mr. Mills’ family members.”

In the wake, Mills’ family spoke out and honored the 69-year-old retired man. “He was working security and enjoying his time at Valhalla,” the family said in a touching statement. “He enjoyed having a busy retirement. We will miss him and love him.”

According to reports, Mills was hit in Kentucky at around five in the morning local time, and Greenberg confirmed that an investigation was still underway. He said, “It’s a sad morning, and our prayers are with the departed person’s family.” “May blessings come from their memory.

“Unfortunately, this person was killed when a shuttle bus struck them while they were walking. LMPD is looking into what happened, and we anticipate learning more information soon. We are also striving to offer counseling services to volunteers from the PGA who were on the bus at the time of the incident.”

World No. 1 golfer Scottie Scheffler was detained when he arrived at the scene of the accident because it was alleged that he had circumvented traffic controls outside the course entrance. When Scheffler showed up, about an hour after the incident, he was taken into custody by the police, handcuffed, and placed in a squad car.

After that, he was driven quickly to the nearby station where he was charged with second-degree assault of a police officer, third-degree criminal mischief, reckless driving, and disobeying traffic-directing officers’ signals. After being eventually freed, the 27-year-old was able to play in the second round and finished with a five-under 65.

He sent his condolences to Mills’ family after the incident. “My condolences are extended to Mr. Mills’ family. Scheffler remarked, “I have no idea what the family is going through this morning. “He is no longer with us and is attempting to cross a street. I apologize and feel bad for them since I cannot begin to imagine what they are going through.

“My situation will be resolved; there was just a lot of confusion and chaos involved… My thoughts and prayers are with the family in light of the events outside.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *